Welcome

To Ashley's Mind. (Not responsible for damages over 20$)

Monday, February 08, 2010

Should be doing HW

I was watching the news today (shocking, I know) and something very unexpected reared it's ugly head and gave me indigestion. Political Correctness.

PUKE.

The announcer started prattling blithely about how the adverts for the Super Bowl were thought to be sexist against women. Seriously?

I am a woman... and it never even occurred to me to be insulted by the hilarious commercials that were played during the bowl. Now, some nutters might say this is due to my socialization by the male sexist pig into thinking that I belong barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen.

HAH.

I am the least girly, girl on the planet (save for my makeup obsession). I refuse to watch movies unless they blow up, I will claw your eyes out if you say you can beat me at anything, and I am a wreck in the kitchen. So, if I am not offended by something... then it isn't offensive. It is is a bloody stretch.

People need to get the hell over it. There is always going to be a bit of gender definition in our culture... we are slowly growing out of it, but pointing it our and nagging people over it at every impass isn't helping anyone's cause.

No comments: