Welcome

To Ashley's Mind. (Not responsible for damages over 20$)

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Idiot Population

I am just about totally sick of morons. They seem to pop up everywhere -- especially the places where morons should not be residing.

I recently sent an email to an adviser (someone students greatly rely on to graduate). In this email I gave my name (full) and I signed off with my name (what I prefer to be addressed as). This email also contained TWO questions that were (and still are) very important.

Now, when I saw how quickly she replied to said email I was ecstatic. The school I am attending has a less than stellar track record with their shoddy advising teams. When I opened the email and realized that she not only addressed me as "Kat", but did not answer either of my questions... I was slightly put out.

I mean, is it too much to expect that supposedly competent people are... competent? Is it too much to think that my simple questions will be answered? That people will turn in assignments on time? That people I pay will do what I am paying them to do?

If I pay someone 500$ to lick my damn Jeep tire -- and they accept the money -- they had damned better lick my Jeep tire.

I honestly think there are about 10 trustworthy, reliable, NON morons left on the planet.

So... which one are you?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I would lick your tire any day. For Free, Naked!

Chip said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere. Yeah, know whatcha mean. I'm shocked I tell you. Shocked and appalled at such incompetence at the upper levels of academe. I think it's called tenure. But that's a rant for another time. As for people doin' their jobs well...Martin Luther King jr said it best. "If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause and say, "Here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well."

Phate said...

Bwahahah, woo woo tire lickage!

Chipper, the damned advisers aren't tenured... they just FAIL at living >_<

chip said...

hahahah Weird school. Or maybe mine was. All my advisers were also tenured professors.

Anonymous said...

Excelsior Oh Squeeky One
-Eryck

eGaTS said...

Don't listen to her. I have still not received my $500. Also, they do *not* taste like chocolate, no matter what she says. Lies!