Welcome

To Ashley's Mind. (Not responsible for damages over 20$)

Saturday, June 25, 2005

I like mine bloody

Ok, so, of course, I went to see Land of the Dead, Friday.

And, of course, I was disappointed.

I wasn’t holding out much hope of it being a second Dawn of the Dead, because it was written and directed by Romero – the director of the original “Dead” series.

Night of the living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead

A lot of people thought the new Dawn of the Dead was a remake of Romero’s Day of the Dead, but newp… remake of the same title.

Anyway, if it was the 70’s Land of the Dead would have ruled. It would have freaked and grossed us all out.

However, the 70’s are long gone, along with the slow moving, moaning, Zombies. The era of grossing the watcher out to disguise a crappy surface plot are long gone… and no one is mourning it.

I was very disappointed that he did not evolve the story much. And all attempts made to keep the movie up to date were blatant and cheesy.

Everyone was dressed in a mad maX-esque out fit and they all rode the bikes with the tattered flags. Ugh.

Also…. The Zombies thought. -__-

Now, this wouldn’t be so bad if the Zombies RAN after you, while thinking. But, alas, they slowly moaned and twitched their way miles after miles, picked up a gun or two, and figured out that water wouldn’t kill them.

They scares were cheap and seen coming miles away. The movie, like the old ones, relied heavily on gore… really bad gore, by the by.

Overall, the plot could have ruled my world, but it didn’t go into any amount of depth. The ZombieZ were antiquated and too ridiculous to be taken seriously (and yes, I take my ZombieZ seriously!), the acting was good, but predictable, and the ending made me want to hit the main character -__-

5 comments:

Stephen said...

And to think that I put so much faith in Romero because the guy INVENTED zombies to begin with. Alas, he probably should have left it as it was. We're past the 80's gore phase. People are more intelligent now and we require a deep plot to keep our interest.

Thaozee said...

The zombies genre is really stagnating :( Pity. I recommend you checking out a cult japanese film called "Guitar Wolf: Wild Zero". Rock and Roll. Zombies. Aliens. Extreme rock poses. It's the right side of cheese :)

Anonymous said...

errrrr arrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrr

me likes to watch movies with the thinking Ghosties ... like "The Others"

have you ever read Stephen King's "Danse Macabre" ?

Anonymous said...

errrrr arrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrr

me likes to watch movies with the thinking Ghosties ... like "The Others"

have you ever read Stephen King's "Danse Macabre" ?

Phate said...

Neel! ^_^

Eh, I dun like Stephen King at all >_< HeZ too... stupid? x_X

mwahaha

"The OtherZ" was uber freaky.. as was "The Ring", but then again no one else I know thought so -_-